Friday, January 25, 2013

What I think about kids living with Misophonia..

Since I live with misophonia, I have discovered it is hard for you to learn or listen, or even pay attention to anything when there is an annoying noise.  People say, that is what happens when you have misophonia.  I am still learning to cope with the noise, but it is very difficult.  Even people living with misophonia when they are older (Adults) still can't cope with the noise..

Some people carry around squish-able stress balls when they hear annoying noises.  For women, they would carry them in their purse, men would either carry them in a pocket or their jacket pocket..  I have nothing but my hands and I..  When I am in school (Before I was cyber schooled)  I would win rubber ducks in class for doing good, and when someone would make an annoying noise, I would sometimes squeeze that a few times in a row, or just hold it very tight.  But not to tight, I got scared it would break........
I may be over-reacting here, but I know it is not easy.. Misophonia is a horrible condition if you are trying to pay attention or learn something when there is a noise bothering you..  If you think you have misophonia, make sure you tell someone about it at either, School, at home, or at work if you are a mid-teen or an adult..  If you are unsure if you do or do not have misophonia, look at some websites..

XXAmberXX
Instagram --> amber_dancer_grace
Similiar Misophonia Story (Click Misophonia)

2 comments:

  1. Sound-Rage. A Primer of the Neurobiology and Psychology of a Little Known Anger Disorder (Chalcedony Press, 210 pgs) has just been published and is available from amazon.com.

    The book provides compelling evidence that “misophonia” is a developmental, neurological disorder, and presents detailed information on the brain regions implicated in the disorder, particularly the insular cortex and the anterior cingulate cortex. Other important areas of research discuss how the brain’s “hard-wired” circuitry interprets stimuli as pain and affects behavior and emotions; how processing of visual and auditory stimuli overlap in the brain and result in creating new triggers; how the brain uses mimicry to induce empathy and reduce the distress caused by triggers; why the disorder is routinely misdiagnosed as a phobia, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder or a sensory processing disorder and how “Sound-Rage” is unique among all disorders and why exposure therapy worsens the symptoms while cognitive behavior therapy is highly effective in reducing them.

    It presents a current state of knowledge to the public and provides another voice for hope, courage, and resilience. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber! I also have Misophonia and we both know it pretty much sucks. When I was your age I had no clue it existed, so most people just thought I was some kind of crazy. I sort of formally got diagnosed for Misophonia in December and they really couldn't do much to help me, but I did get noise generators for my ears. They look like hearing aids, but they help a little bit. Who knows maybe in ten years there will be a cure? You aren't alone. Keep being strong. :)

    ReplyDelete